Help For First Time Buyers

The right support when you need it most

When you’re buying your first home, there’s so much to think about. Budget’s obviously a big one – but there are lots of other questions you might be asking yourself too. Do I need outdoor space or a home office? How big does my deposit need to be? How do I keep my energy bills low?

Relax and read on. Below, we’ve explained some of the ways we offer help for first-time buyers. And remember, we’re only a phone call away.

Help For First Time Buyers image

Personalised help for first-time buyers

Finding a home is a process – and the first step is simple: we listen. Our sales managers work hard to understand what kind of home you want to live in, the needs of your family and your plans for the future. With their experience they’re well equipped to find you the right home on the development you choose.

Moving can be an emotional thing – and you’ll want to get a feel for a place before you take the plunge. We get it! And our team will be more than happy to show you around any property we think might fit the bill – and talk you through every little detail.

First time buyer help schemes that give you a leg up

If the idea of saving for a deposit makes you shudder, we’ve got good news! Gone are the days of being overwhelmed by the prospect of saving up a dizzying sum for a down payment. With Deposit Unlock, first-time buyers can buy a new home with just a 5% deposit – and then access mortgages at really competitive rates for the remaining 95%.

So you could be throwing that housewarming party a whole lot sooner than you think! (Champagne, anyone?!)

Low reservation fees to secure your new home faster

When you’re buying your first home it can feel like obstacle after obstacle is coming your way. However, at St. Modwen Homes, we believe that nothing should stand between you and your new pad.

Instead of having to wait while you put your financing together, our First Time Buyer Boost lets you secure a home for as little as £99. Then when it comes to the move, we’ll pay for all your solicitor fees, as well as the carpets and flooring in your new home. It’s a great way to make your money go further so that you can move in quicker.

Home with sustainability and affordability built-in

We’re finding that a lot of first-time buyers are making sustainability much more of a priority. People want to lower their carbon footprint – and they also want to ensure their homes are energy efficient.

All our homes are designed to help first-time buyers live greener. They’re twice as airtight as building regulations requirements (so they waste less energy), increase water efficiency by up to 12% and are insulated well above standard. This all helps you lower your bills in the long run.

There are lots of other ways we’re future-proofing our homes, too – like offering solar panels, electric vehicle chargers and wildlife features such as hedgehog highways and bee hotels.

Ready to find out more?

Call our sales team today. When it comes to first time buyer help in the UK, they really know their stuff!

NHBC logo
HBF 2023 5 star logo
Considerate Constructors logo
Safemark_Logo_Mono
In House Gold Award 2023
Future Homes Hub - Partnership Mark Badge

Sorry!

You're using an unsupported browser (Internet Explorer). Please update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.