Deposit Unlock

Buy your home with just a 5% deposit

For many people, just getting a foot on the property ladder can seem like a step too far. Now, thanks to our Deposit Unlock scheme, people have the extra help they need to buy a home.

What is Deposit Unlock?

Deposit Unlock is a scheme developed by mortgage lenders and homebuilders that enables people to buy a new home with a 5% deposit. Buyers can then access low deposit mortgages at competitive interest rates for the remaining 95%.

How does Deposit Unlock work?

Usually, lenders take out insurance on riskier mortgages, like those for first-time buyers with a small deposit. However, the Home Builders Federation and its members have created a housebuilder-owned insurance scheme that allows them to offer lenders 35% protection on mortgages. With builders now covering so much of that insurance cost, lenders can offer certain borrowers larger mortgages.

Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of Deposit Unlock?

Apart from being able to buy your home with just a 5% deposit, here are the other big benefits:

  • It’s available to both first-time buyers and home movers
  • There’s no upper limit on your household income
  • You get an insurance-backed guarantee, allowing you to access competitive rates
  • The scheme is available now and continues after Help to Buy: Equity Loan finishes
  • You own 100% of the property
What homes are eligible for Deposit Unlock?

Deposit Unlock is only available for new build homes.

How much can I borrow?

First time buyers and home movers can borrow 90.01-95% Loan to Value (LTV) up to a maximum loan of £750,000.

Register your Interest
Deposit Unlock Contact Form
We would love to send you the latest offers and news from St. Modwen Homes; if you are happy for us to contact you via email or sms please tick here:
Other schemes we offer

Start your search today...

NHBC logo
Considerate Constructors logo
Future Homes Hub - Partnership Mark Badge


You're using an unsupported browser (Internet Explorer). Please update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.