Your St. Modwen Homes warranty, which lasts for 2 years from the date of legal completion, covers items in addition to what is covered in the NHBC Buildmark cover.
For that period, we guarantee items supplied as part of your new home, covering defects caused by either faulty workmanship or materials. Please note this covers:
- Items reported at the home demonstration.
- Rainwater system (guttering) is covered for 1 year.
- Burglar alarm systems are covered for 1 year.
- Breakdown of appliances (which are supplied and fitted by St. Modwen Homes) for a period of 1 year, appliance warranty cards need to be completed and registered with the appropriate manufacturer.
- Heating, plumbing and electrical systems are covered for 2 years from legal completion. Please note it is your responsibility to have the boiler and cylinder serviced annually by a qualified engineer, failure to do so can invalidate any warranty.
- Sealed window units and patio/French doors are covered for 2 years from legal completion.
Our warranty does not cover:
- Problems with any workmanship, materials or appliances that you have bought or added to the property.
- Damage caused by storms or, accidentally, by negligence, abuse or poor maintenance of the property or appliances. This includes blockages caused by inappropriate disposal of waste.
- Any cosmetic defects such as scratches, chips or marks that have not been reported on the day of legal completion. This includes decoration, flooring, tiling, textured ceilings, kitchen units, fitted bedroom and bathroom furniture, worktops, sinks, sanitary ware, appliances, glass, and other similar items.
- Any problems caused by natural shrinkage or condensation
- Any inconvenience, distress, consequential loss of enjoyment, or income loss caused by remedial works, assuming all reasonable steps have been taken by St. Modwen Homes to minimise disruption.
- Any verbal communication/agreement.
- Storm damage – All new homes are built to exacting standards. However, even the toughest of structures can be susceptible to storm damage. Neither the NHBC, LABC or St. Modwen Homes warranties cover storm damage to your home. The Association of British Insurers advises home owners experiencing storm damage to contact their buildings insurance company in the first instance.