Sustainability is at the heart of everything we create
As the UK looks to lower carbon emissions, the government has put new building regulations in place to make sure houses are more sustainable. We go beyond them, purposefully designing our homes to be kinder to the environment and kinder to your bills.
- Our homes are twice as airtight as building regulations requirements, so they save even more heat and waste even less energy.
- We use water saving devices in our showers and dual flush cisterns in our WCs to improve water efficiency by 12% compared to regulations.
- The insulation of the walls, roof and floors of St. Modwen homes goes way beyond standard requirements. This saves energy and reduces heating bills.
- Our homes have larger windows and higher ceilings than most other housebuilders which improves energy efficiency.
- To avoid the use of natural quarried materials, we’ve recycled and reused hundreds of thousands of tonnes of materials at our developments.
- A total of 98% of our waste is diverted from landfills.
We help people live more sustainable lives
We take our environmental responsibility seriously. We use environmentally-friendly building techniques and materials wherever we can and offer homeowners all sorts of ways to make their homes even more sustainable. Here are some of the initiatives we’re implementing at all our developments to help the environment and future-proof homes.
- We offer electric vehicle chargers as an optional upgrade in certain homes with on-plot parking.
- We offer sustainability packages that include PV solar panels, air source heat pumps and waste water heat recovery units.
- We’ve increased the installation of solar PV panels on all of our Homebuyer Hubs and homes this year.
- All of our developments benefit from rainwater harvesting.
- We add hedgehog highways to all of our homes so hedgehogs can navigate around our developments.
- We also add bee hotels to all developments alongside bee-friendly plants to boost bee population and biodiversity.
- • There are now electric vehicle charging points at our head offices as well as the majority of our Homebuyer Hubs across the country.