NHQC Complaints

We hope that we will be able to resolve your complaint through the St Modwen complaints procedure, however, if you remain unhappy with our decision, or how we have managed your complaint you have the opportunity to escalate to the following bodies who will be able to guide you and advise you on the next steps.


Who to contact after exhausting complaints procedure with builder

Code Problems

– The appearance of your home
– How your home was marketed to you
– Reservation fees and dates
– Snags which the builder has not properly dealt with
– Other unresolved complaints

New Homes Ombudsman
Build Problems

– Deposit given to the builder
– Physical defects with your home (but not domestic appliances or boilers, or wear and tear and damage caused by fire/smoke)
– Roofs, flues and chimneys, external walls, internal stairs, glazing and foundations

Warranty (i.e. NHBC or LABC)
Legal Problems

– Terms of the Contract
– The builder not carrying out its obligations within the Contract or other agreement

Your Solicitor/Conveyancer, Property Tribunal/Court
Consumer Problems

– Consumer issues such as the builder undertaking illegal business or unfair activities

Trading Standards

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint from St. Modwen then you may wish to contact the New Homes Ombudsman to investigate your complaint. The easiest way to contact them is via their website at www.nhos.org.uk or by calling 0330 808 4286.

NHBC logo
Considerate Constructors logo
Future Homes Hub - Partnership Mark Badge


You're using an unsupported browser (Internet Explorer). Please update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.