Compared to an older, second-hand home, buying new can offer a number of advantages. Below will tell you our top 10 reasons to why you should choose a new home over an older home…
A new home is a blank canvas for you to call your own
- You’ll be the first person to call it home.
- A new build is essentially a blank canvas, ready for you to make it your own.
- Everything is new, from the kitchen to the bathroom, so you won’t have the added cost of renovating when you move in.
- Depending on when you buy, you may be able to select some of the fixtures and fittings and start to put your personal stamp on the place before you move in.
- Our homes are built to the latest environmental standards, making them more energy-efficient and ultimately cheaper to run; saving you money in the long run.
- They’re also safer, with smoke detectors fitted as standard.
- If you’re a first time buyer you may be able to purchase using Help to Buy. Meaning you can secure a new home with a deposit of just 5%.
- If you have a property to sell, you may be able to use Part Exchange or Assisted Move to make the sales process easier (and less stressful).
- Second hand homes can often come with costly repairs, but with a new home, there won’t be any surprises when you move in.
- Your new St. Modwen Home will come with a 2 year guarantee with us plus a NHBC Buildmark warranty which covers any major defects to the structure of your home for up to 10 years after completion.